Dock or Auction House
Benefits of starting the SIMBA data collection process at the dock or auction house include:
- Provides information regarding raw inventory for production planning and sales
- Reduces data entry requirements at receiving
- Collects details such as area, boat, fisherman, dock, etc. for traceability and audit purposes; customer defines these parameters
Use a mobile Windows™ tablet or a touch screen kiosk to collect variable attributes of the product and print labels or tags. Transmit that information via cell network, wireless, or upload at receiving.
Receiving or Plant Intake
If the product has been recorded at the dock or auction house and has not been uploaded, simply scan the barcode to receive into the SIMBA database, validate the details, add data points if required (such as temperature) and run a receiving report.
If no product has been pre-recorded, start the process now. Assign attributes on the touch screen, print bin or product tags and record storage location.
Benefits of data collection at receiving:
- Information regarding raw inventory for production planning and sales
- Initiation of lot details for traceability
- Accurate warehouse location of totes or bins
- Less data collection required at the point of production
Production & Packaging
SIMBA automates production data collection, eliminating the process of hand writing logs and tallies, then keying into the accounting system. The touch screen computer technology used to manage production and packing is easy to use and SIMBA can follow your existing process.
Key benefits of SIMBA on the production line:
- Automate the current process, eliminating errors and saving time
- Track the progress of each production line in real-time to eliminate slow-downs and bottlenecks
- Touch screen user interface is fast to learn and easy to use
- Collect variable weights manually or directly from an electronic scale
- Manage repacking and mixed lots dynamically
- Calculate yields
- Print labels directly from SIMBA in unlimited formats (customer labels, compliance labels, bins, pallets, etc.)
- Provide immediate finished goods inventory data for sales and management
Warehouse and Shipping
SIMBA’s Logistics module uses mobile barcode scanners to record carton or pallet locations, allowing for moves (relocation) of inventory as needed. The shipping process is fast and provides accurate details for customer service and billing.
- Provides dynamic, unlimited warehouses and locations
- Store by case or by pallet and record location
- Move location easily
- Break down pallets and load partial vans while maintaining traceability
- Load by van, work order, customer order, etc.
- Collect details of full vanloads including Van ID, Seal Number, Driver, Truck, etc.
- Manage and print Bills of Lading, Packing Lists, Manifests
- Accurate shipping data eliminated charge-backs from customers
Traceability and Audits
Lot Traceability has become an important function of fresh food production and packing. The concerns over sustainability and fraud in the seafood industry has caused customers to become more concerned with the ability the see end-to-end traceability.
SIMBA’s methodology provides granular lot tracking, both backwards and forwards, resulting in less waste and greater customer satisfaction.
- Track lots by case or pallet
- Maintain “backward & forward” lot traceability
- Manage repacking and mixed lots while maintaining traceability requirements
- Print Traceability reports and Audit reports quickly
To learn more about Traceability read our White Paper.
Improve your profitability by calculating and reporting yields. SIMBA can calculate the yield from any product that is produced in consistent batches with clean inputs and outputs. Examples of yield reporting calculations:
- Per Lot or Batch (if not commingled)
- Per Day
- By Production Line
- By Species
- By Product
- By Origin
One of the core functions of SIMBA is printing professional labels, both interim for the warehouse and finished goods for customers. Key benefits of using SIMBA for labeling include:
- Ability to select and print multiple label formats with the touch of a button
- Easy to use native label designer eliminates the need to design outside of SIMBA and copy over
- Print on any thermal label material including durable polyester labels & tags for wet, cold or freezing conditions
- Use Label Applicators for automated production
SIMBA has a robust reporting system and provides many real-time reports for production and management purposes. Collect vast amounts of information that will improve business productivity and results. Learn to use the SIMBA Report Designer for customized business intelligence.
Native SIMBA reports include:
- Forward/Backwards Traceability
- Yield Reports
- Cartons (Units) Not Shipped
- Vans Not Shipped
- Inventory by Location
- Master Inventory List
- Customer List
- Product List
- Van Summary
- Production Detail (Master Filter Options)
- Seasonal Product Detail (Master Filter Option)
- Lot Report (Summary)
- Cartons (Units) Voided
Accounting and ERP Integration
SIMBA can provide data directly to an accounting or ERP system, avoiding the redundant and error prone data entry required by other solutions. SIMBA has a partnership with Northlake Partners who offers the Northscope™ system, and has connected to Quickbooks, NetYield, Wisefish, Microsoft Dynamics and others.