SIMBA Basic is designed for the start-up or smaller produce grower/packer/shipper that wants to manage their business, provide traceability and produce PTI-compliant labeling, but cannot afford enterprise level solutions. It will also work for larger businesses that pack volumes of “the same” product at a time. This version of SIMBA uses barcode labels preprinted in the plant office to label packed cartons on the plant floor and record product details.
The SIMBA Basic Process:
- Select product details (species, grade, lot number, weight, etc.) in SIMBA and print a “batch” of carton labels.
- Pack and label cartons on the plant floor.
- Void any unused labels in SIMBA.
- Manually record storage locations in SIMBA.
- Manually load vans and enter details into SIMBA for automated printing of manifests and Bills of Lading.
Note: With the addition of SIMBA Logistics, a SIMBA Basic user can automate the storage and shipping processes.
Functionality such as palletizing and re-boxing are available through a manual process. All lot traceability will be maintained through commingling and re-boxing.
The SIMBA database will have recorded production inventory details for management and the cartons will be labeled and stored or shipped. No more spreadsheets or inaccurate production inventory data. Your produce tracking has never been easier.