Long-range Planning for Mobile Solutions
In 2020/21 Microsoft will end extended support of Windows Mobile and CE-embedded operating systems for mobile devices. Mainstream support of Windows Mobile is already past and mainstream support of CE ends soon.
So what does this mean for you? It’s time to start the planning process so you aren’t caught unprepared during the transition. Dynamic Systems Inc. has over 35 years’ experience in mobility and can provide resources, including information from our partner, Zebra Enterprise (formerly Motorola), to help you.
If you have a significant investment in software and mobile devices, starting the planning process now will assure that you are prepared for the future of mobility.
- Take a detailed inventory of your mobility assets, which include software, hardware, operating system versions and back-end systems.
- Talk to your software applications provider to determine their migration plan.
- Call Dynamic Systems Inc. to discuss mobile OS and hardware options.
The following MICROSOFT LIFECYCLE AND SUPPORT SCHEDULE is taken from http://www.microsoft.com/windowsembedded/en-us/product-lifecycles.aspx on 9/9/2015
End of Support
End of License
Windows Embedded Compact 7
March 1, 2011
April 13, 2021
February 28, 2026
|Windows Embedded Handheld 6.5||December 17, 2010||January 14, 2020||April 30, 2022|
|Windows Embedded CE 6.0 Operating System (Toolkit and Runtime), all versions||November 1, 2006||April 10, 2018||February 28, 2022|
|Windows CE 5.0||August 31, 2004||October 14, 2014||August 31, 2019|
|Windows CE .NET 4.2||June 1, 2003||July 9, 2013||June 1, 2018|
|Windows CE .NET 4.1||October 29, 2002||January 8, 2013||October 29, 2017|
|Windows CE .NET 4.0||April 1, 2002||July 10, 2012||April 1, 2017|
|Windows CE 3.0||July 30, 2000||October 9, 2007||July 30, 2015|
If you would like to discuss your mobility plan, please call or email us: 800-342-3999; firstname.lastname@example.org
Hard-copy Document Tracking
Whatever happened to the “paperless” society? It seems we are printing as much or even more than ever. So tracking of hard-copy documents is still critical in many companies and government agencies.
Where is it? Who has it? Where is it archived? These are questions that can be answered with accuracy by using a computerized document tracking system like CheckMate™ from Dynamic Systems Inc.
Key features of CheckMate™ include:
- Complete chain-of-custody reporting
- Barcode scanning for ease of use and accuracy
- Track document by type, location, person, category, etc.
- Group documents for single scan
- Kit documents (file/drawer/cabinet)
- Hyperlink to soft documents or other files
Who is using CheckMate™? Medical companies for tracking archived documents, Government agencies to track Workers’ Comp files, Police departments for legal documents, and more.
SIMBA™ 2016 Offers Many New Features
The new release of SIMBA™ for 2016 includes a number of changes that improve the ease of use of the software as well as new and improved reporting and label printing. If you are a current SIMBA™ user, you will appreciate these improvements. If you are considering a SIMBA™ installation, please contact our sales team for an updated view of the system.
- New grids within the Office system that provide a better way to view data, grouping related data. Exporting from the grid is now possible.
- New and Improved Reports:
- Master Report Filter is updated.
- Yield Report
- Full Traceability Report
- Added ability to view and edit labels on the touch screen
- Lock windows in place
REPORTS AND LABELS
The new Report Writer is easy to use. With some training you will be able to quickly design labels (without Bartender) and modify or create your own custom reports.
We are excited about these new features and about the future of SIMBA™ as a Productivity and Traceability tool for our major industries: Seafood, Produce and Meat Processors.
Email us for more information: email@example.com